Tuesday 15 June 2021

238. Look on the bright side?

 So now I’m 70. I have balloons as evidence.

I also have a tiara as further proof :
     And loads of goodies from the famed Betty’s of Harrogate:



The only thing I lacked was the energy to enjoy all this. I feel rather sad that a big milestone has been swamped by my treatment. 


This is my present from Dennis. It’s actually a necklace but I don’t want to wear it , resting against some skin lesion. It doubles up perfectly as a bracelet. It’s Victorian,  silver and rose gold and much prettier than this indicates.

So a huge thank you to so many of my friends who sent cards and gifts and, in Sheila’s case, a video that really made me smile. I have been surrounded by flowers, from sunflowers willing me to perk up a bit, through countless glorious roses, to mixtures which will last and last, including a bouquet from my brother which is still opening a week later! I hope I’ll get round to thanking people but this brain fug makes me forget that things need to be done. Meantime, I am well supplied with cake and chocolate. Bless you! Uh oh, it’s tablet time. Off we go to down 19 pills, 12 of them chemo! My heart sinks when I see them!







No comments:

Post a Comment