Friday 30 April 2021

233.....and time-consuming

Fingers crossed. Touch wood and whistle. Toss salt over my left shoulder. Run round the gas station in each direc...oh no, that was to ward off diphtheria according to Mum. Anyway, Day 5 and I'm still here. I get the occasional bone twinge or prickle somewhere on my hands or feet and my mouth is a dry as (fill in with your own simile). For me, the main problem remains the overwhelming quantity of part-tablets I need to take with food, half an hour after food. It's just too much food. Fortunately I can still taste most things though the early signs are there - Cabury's is tasting very salty. 

Yesterday I had a quick trip out (so much for shielding) and Kiera popped over to drive me to Sainsbury's to have my photo taken for my driving licence. Of course, having sent off the application weeks ago, I've thrown away the instructions but it clearly said I ddn't need to attach a photo. I was surprised at the time. And now, back it comes, insisting I must attach a photo. Next it will come back saying the photo wasn't witnessed. Again, nothing to say it shoud be. So I sat in the booth. I worked it out and set about having the perfect DL picture taken. Fortunatly Kiera handed over her spare pound coins because, although the greeter insisted it took card payments, it would only accept cash. My precious parking cash. 

I carefully and solemnly posed, then had to glance right down to hip level to check my eyes were poperly placed. That meant moving of course. Then I cracked it and temporary shot 1 was taken. Thank god it was a rehearsal. The first effect I've noticed is my mouth feeling swollen and drooping and there I was, one swollen eye on the left, one droopy mouth to the right. It says no smiling but I had to to raise my droopy mouth. I also had to raise my eyebrows to try and raise my eyelid a bit. So here I am, obviously caught the sun, lopsided. No makeup (me?? no makeup??) but I added some earrings. Next it will come back as "it should be black and white". I didn't get that option. FFS just send it to me!I
Be privileged- Jan makeup-free, home-cut hair

I almost forgot. Dear Dr U rang to see how I was getting on. I said “Fine” of course, is there anyone who doesn’t? Then I went through the difficult bits. He seemed quite happy and told my Gynaecology wasn’t concerned about the CT scan so that could be crossed off the list of potential sites. Then he told me a lot of his patients respond well in the first month, then have a hard time in the second. Thanks mate, just the encouragement I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment