Thursday 16 April 2020

175. Our changing world #3

I am determined that tonight I will go to the end of my short drive and find out what on earth is going on in Bramhope as regards Clap for Carers. Even Leeds city council is promoting it. Dennis says there’s nothing going on - he’s gone out and checked. Lisa Next Door says everyone is clapping wildly and you can hear the cheers from the other end of the village. Someone is distorting the truth! It does make you wonder at what point they will stop. Who will say enough is enough? I always clap indoors but I’m curious. Tonight I shall investigate, In fact, in 8 minutes’ time. In case there’s nothing, I’ll use Charlie Mackesy’s latest contribution as my  tribute:


I’ve been long-listed again for the Monthly Microfiction Competition. Mind you, there are 40 on that list but there were about 140 entries so that’s not bad. I’m rather pleased they ‘got’ it - last time I went off piste, I didn’t get anywhere and I thought it was very good lol.

I’ve searched the house high and low for the book for next book group. I enjoyed it so much, I ordered the two subsequent novels. But could I find it?? I really have searched everywhere, including a charity bag full of books which we failed to put out for collection the week before lockdown. So I got it on the kindle for nothing, my monthly Prime privilege, and I started it today and recognise nothing. Maybe I haven’t read it after all. Am I going doolally? Strong possibility.

Ok, nothing in High Ridge Way. A couple of solitary fireworks way distant. A couple of cars hooting their horns on the main road, presumably at the residents out in the street? I can see nothing from up here but then, who could see past this lovely container??

Lisa’s container that seems to be becoming a fixture. Our view down the road.

Our view in the other direction. Beyond the white screen is the infamous mountain of soil that blocks the view of the green fields still not excavated.
The view from the garden, over the six-foot screen. In the far distance, a mystery digger working on a site that’s been closed. Do I turn whistleblower?





No comments:

Post a Comment