Friday 6 August 2021

243. I’m a winner!

 Yes folks, after years of silence from the premium bonds/NS&I, I almost deleted a lurid email from NS&I telling me I was a winner. £25. After all this time, with £4K invested. Not a great return, though it would have been once. But then I wouldn’t have had so many. Now what can I buy for £25?

We’ve decided to celebrate our golden anniversary with a luxury afternoon tea delivered. We’re deferring the rest till I can enjoy it. I’ve no idea when that will be but what I will confide on you is that, this cycle, I’m on Day 11 and, apart from being clumsy because I can’t feel with my fingertips and sleeping a lot, I actually have none of my previous symptoms. I know I have next week to face when I feel the full force of 252 tablets so I hope I haven’t tempted providence! But it feels strange to feel strange but not be able to say how.

Secondary breast cancer is surreal. I know I have it but I’m fine apart from a slightly swollen eyelid. No scans have identified cancer, just suspicious masses (too many for my liking). My oncologist admits that he hasn’t come across this before but my blood markers were soaring, showing some very aggressive cancer (but not saying where). All this uncertainty makes it feel a little unreal, which makes it easier for me to defer the big questions. All I can do is accept what I’m told and do as I’m advised. Anyone who knows me knows that doesn’t come easily to me.

Maybe my next appointment will bring good news. And at last I have my July CT scan date - 28 August!! I have to say I’m longing for normality. Dentist, hairdresser, hugs, going somewhere instead of drooping around in my pjs.

No comments:

Post a Comment