Sunday 24 July 2022

258. A bit down


Just a quick update as there’s little to report and too much to reflect on. I had a phone consultation this time, to help with the hospital’s appointment congestion. It was too soon for the CT scan results, though Dr U would have pushed for them. However, I’ve got the head MRI next Friday so I guess he’s waiting for all the results. As it happened, I was on the phone with an oncologist new to me, a Dr Z who sounded about 10, and Dr U rang the landline. So much for saving them work.    

Maybe it’s because I didn’t have a face-to-face consultation, but I don’t feel so confident this time. I’ve nothing really to go on except my markers have risen a bit (first real change in 16 months, which is a long time for TNBC), I have a few new but tiny skin mets - and an uneasy feeling that doesn’t sit right with me. I’ve got to make sure I don’t spend 3 weeks in perpetual anxiety, which is what a lot of women do (according to my Facebook groups) and I mustn’t try second-guessing but it’s way too easy in Cancerworld.

Meantime, the piece I wrote about NICE and Trodelvy, which I adapted and expanded to meet the competition requirements, got me longlisted (20 out of 1100+ entries) in an international competition so I was dead chuffed about that. Unfortunately it’s not inspired me to write more. I guess I was so furious that I had to find an outlet then (the competition is called Furious Fiction) but now NICE has reversed its decision on Trodelvy and it’s there waiting for me if and when I choose to have it (a big IF, since vomiting seems to be common!), I’m back to the usual lethargy. To be fair, it’s been a lousy week, the 2 heatwave days sandwiched between frequent bouts of the Cape runs - it’s so enervating. Aaaarggh!

Now I need to find a jolly picture to brighten this up. I give in. THIS is what I want:



No comments:

Post a Comment