Wednesday 27 March 2019

67. This is what being bloody-minded does


Five weeks ago, Dr U told me I’d lose my hair in a week. Look at this lil halo of fluff. Bless. It’s still hanging on in there - either sheer wilful determination to prove him wrong or good genes. I reckon I will finish my chemo and THEN lose the lot. My surviving spider-leg eyebrows are giving in slowly, I can locate 5 lower eyelashes across both eyes (though I can’t hit them with the mascara brush, I keep missing) and my upper lashes are, shall we say, ‘sparse.’ 

However, explain this to me. If Paclitaxel causes ‘immediate’ hair loss, why have I spotted some new hairs growing on my chin? New hair growth is not meant to happen. So I defy the rule - why my chin of all places? That’s Nature at its most unkind. They say the new hair that grows is curly and sometimes a different colour. I just hope I don’t end up with a curly red beard.

And I still haven’t worked out where to look for a selfie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment