Thursday 23 January 2020

155. So easy :)

Back to St James’s today to have my eye treated. It was so easy: 3 lots of eye drops and 40+ laser zaps and then a cab home. If only the rest were as easy and completely painless. I think the worst bit was having a lens placed over my pupil to hold my eye open - the numbing drops hadn’t quite taken. Ouch. After that, it was easier than being at the optician’s. Apparently I had rather a thick coating at the back of my eye so he has opened it up so light can get through. I broke my rule and Googled, on the principle that thoughts about life and death were unlikely, and found a clear explanation that was spot on - well done to the RNIB - so I knew what to expect. I just expected 2 or 3 zaps!!

Right now I can see out of the eye but I’ve quite a limited range of vision and I can’t see detail, like people’s faces, so I need to shut my eye when I look. Weird. Probably even weirder for the person on the receiving end.

I can feel a sense of excitement building up. Zometa - check; MRI - check; desired brand of anastrozole (long story) - check; eye - check. That just leaves me with physio on 6th and MRI results on 7th and then I feel I’ll be ‘free’ at last. I can’t explain it. It’s some sense that this is all drawing to some kind of conclusion, even though I know it’s limited and I’ll be back in the Bexley wing come June. Speaking of Bexley wing, look at this - 11 days after the phlebotomist had a go at me. Still the delicate little flower!

There’s more change afoot too. I bought TWO SKIRTS in the sales. Two because I’d bought and kept the very sleek and stylish black kilt from Jigsaw before I saw the perfect and cosy pleated skirt that I knew I wanted. But even one is out of character. I don’t remember when I last wore, let alone bought a skirt. Then I needed ankle boots to go with it and rebelled and selected ones with a (tiny) heel. I am determined that anastrozole is not going to turn me into a limping crock.

One Tai chi sweatshirt over one new pleated skirt in grey marl (looks black) with dinky ankle boots I hope I’ll be able to wear without limping. It all hinges on my theory that Accord will be the anastrozole brand I can tolerate and all my aches and pains will go or at least be reduced. “Aches and pains” really doesn’t cover it. Anyway, Asda has it in stock, my pharmacist has adjusted and redirected my prescription and I’ll pick it up tomorrow. High hopes...

No comments:

Post a Comment