Friday 15 May 2020

180. Solutions always seem to have a price!

First I have to pontificate on the most surreal experience I had yesterday, doing my civic duty out of sheer boredom and writing a product review on my new freezer. I was taken aback when a red box appeared, saying something like “STOP. You appear to be using bad language. Please remove the bad language now.” Now, I’m a great one for effing and blinding but all I’d written were the first three letters of the word EFFICIENT. Nowt wrong with that is there? Why on earth did they assume that eff was going to be left as that - and who says eff anyway? I wouldn’t mind but I hadn’t even paused - they stopped me. I blithely carried on, much amused, only to be halted in my tracks when I was describing the drawers as ‘cumbersome.’ I don’t think I’ve ever used the word in my life. Trina and I, and Dennis and I have had great fun ever since. - but what kind of reviews do Curry’s get that they should anticipate offensive language??

The lawn grows higher by the day. No reply from the retailer, who’s probably pissed off at the prospect of having to sort us out. But, given how little Dennis did, it can’t have been a robust motor, can it? Meantime, Dennis compensates by steaming anything in sight - anything except the things that really need doing like inside and under the shower door - things he never notices. But I am too diplomatic to point out these deficiencies for now. Living under lockdown (now extended to the end of June minimum) means you can’t push your luck with your co-habiter. However, Gallagher’s equipment comes so close, maybe I could ask them for a mow??

That is our fence at the bottom and our straggly conifer hedge, plus their screen which I can’t see over now! But that looks (and sounds) awfully close!





I spoke to the doctor about my pain that really is getting me down now. He prescribed something called Arcoxia for one week but warned me it can cause an upset stomach. However he said I needn’t worry about that as I already have Lansoprazole for stomach problems. HA HA! I woke at 6 this morning, doubled up with what I guess is heartburn - and I’d taken an extra Lansoprazole to be on the safe side. I obviously dozed off later as I remember dreams but I was propped up and I drunk some water which helped. There is a plus side. After 2 tablets, I have noticed a reduction in some of the pain. So...less pain BUT severe stomach problems. What a choice! They are dinky little heart-shaped pills - you wouldn’t think they could be so nasty.

We had a letter from Miller Homes this morning, warning us that they will be back to full capacity by the end of the month and that everything is being done according to government guidance. Oh yes?
These 3 don't look 2 metres apart to me!
                 
I feel like one of those ghastly overzealous neighbourhood watch men, with a clipboard and thorough knowledge of every local by-law but actually, there’s nowhere else to look except out the back. I consider these as watchable as the sheep and bunny rabbits!

No comments:

Post a Comment