Monday 23 March 2020

169. Bit of a surprise

First of all, and most worrying to me, I couldn't spell surprise. I was so uncertain, I ended up googling it!! This has to be delayed chemo-brain. Or my injections are having the reverse effect from what’s predicted.

I’m currently waiting for the nurse to come, to give me an injection at the door. I know I forswore exclamation marks (supposedly) but this situation leaves me with no alternative!!!!!! The reason is this:

So I may open a window but not go outside??? I have a biggish garden. The building site is several metres distant. No one comes near. Why can’t I go out? Why can’t I go out in my car? I need to keep driving or I’ll need another flipping lesson!

Anyway, I rang the medical centre. The receptionist had no knowledge of these email messages but asked around and said no, I couldn’t stand at the door and have my injection there as it’s not a sterile environment. Then she put me through to the nurse, who hadn’t heard about these messages. I suggested she pop out to my car and do it through the window but she went off to consult and said no, going out in the car isn’t staying at home. True. Consequently I have three nurses wasting valuable time coming to my house to do my final 3 injections at the door!! Madness? Not if it keeps me safe I guess.

I kind of wish they hadn’t said ‘risk of severe illness.’ I have my hopes set on that mild version of the virus that most people will get, preferably the one that is barely noticed, as one medical pundit described it the other week. 

I was going to give you a photographic tour of my garden view , taken yesterday when I was allowed out, but enough misery for today. How about this instead: 
.
Charlie Mackey is doing a daily continuation of his book (still top of the best selling books). Very different from the queues and shoving and stealing that’s going on. Thank you Trina for so kindly forwarding it to me. I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment