Tuesday 16 April 2019

74. No point making plans

It’s such a good job Dennis isn’t in my place. He has a touch of the Sheldon about him and he’d be heading towards meltdown with all the changes afoot.

Chemo today - it still took 3 hours but we hit the school run crowd and missed the rush hour home. I do find Maureen’s presence very reassuring (I’m not just saying that cos I know you’re reading it ;) ). Maybe it’s because she’s been through it all and there is absolutely nothing of Cancer Patient about her. Today for some reason, I didn't feel as confident and felt close to an anxiety attack but, with Maureen and the Lorazepam, it didn’t happen.

ONLY TWO MORE TO GO.

I arranged with Lisa for her to take me to my therapy tomorrow but Judy has had to cancel for personal reasons. Dennis is annoyed (Sheldon?) but it really is unavoidable. I might suggest we go for a cuppa at Refresca. Who ‘we’ is, I don’t know lol. Just know they must have a car! Anyway, my first therapy is cancelled, my prosthesis measuring is cancelled and all I have scheduled is a phone check at 3. Someone from oncology rang yesterday to check (I think they were alarmed at their understanding of my side effects, when all I wanted to know was should I apply heat or cold to my ribs lol) so maybe that won’t happen. I have got a few questions so I hope Susan does ring.

The insurers have written the car off. In 9 months of ownership, with just over 800 on the clock, I’ve calculated the car cost me about £9 a mile!! I’ve set Hepworth on another search for as close as they can get to what I’ve lost.

To be honest, I’m relieved. The prospect of driving a car with such a high level of repairs is somewhat alarming. I also learnt that the airbag didn’t deploy because touching the brake activates the process. It kind of makes sense (the engineer was confident from the evidence that my foot was on the accelerator as I suspected) but doesn’t give me much faith in airbags when I can think of several scenarios where the driver wouldn’t put her/his foot on the brake (like being struck from behind - no time, no warning).

Lost the train of thought now so I’ll bore you more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment