Sunday 28 April 2019

80. Me and my big mouth :)

The joy of the English language:

1. I spoke (wrote) too soon. Friday was crap and Saturday beyond crap. Me and my big mouth...

2. Me and my big mouth... just to prove i) I’m not vain and ii) I’m not exaggerating, here’s the proof of the chemo trout pout.
  

Fortunately much of it wears off over a few hours but my speech is hilarious till it eases off and drinking is back to the straws!

Only one chemo to go and I do still have hair. It’s held out to the end.



Unfortunately it’s 2-3 weeks before fine regrowth starts, by which time I may possibly have lost this but I’m very proud of it, nonetheless. I really don't understand why, in the grand scheme of things, so many women see hair loss as the most devastating side effect. Ok, we look different and it’s a bit chilly at times (and we can attract some strange reactions - at Cookridge Hall, I’ve had a lady repeated grin encouragingly at me and a bloke surreptitiously not be able to keep his eyes from me, as if he can’t credit what he’s seeing - never mind that ‘Bless her’ comment) but I’m still me. Maybe it’s because I haven't had long hair for so long and it should only take a couple of months to regrow, whereas some women have nurtured their long hair for years?


No comments:

Post a Comment