Sunday 28 April 2019

81. Perspective

I’ve plucked up the courage to look at the accident photographs Helen, one of my ‘victims,’ sent at my request. I don’t know what I was expecting but they aren’t as terrible as I remember - but then I must have been in some shock at least. So this is what I did:



My car definitely came off worst, with that whole front just collapsed in. What strikes me - and I do remember this being my goal - is how successfully I managed to avoid a full-on collision but, looking at these, if I’d just headed for the white car, I might have avoided the worst of the rib damage, which is the bane of my life right now. It was the impact with the black car that was my undoing.

All in all, I’m a very lucky woman. But I can’t forgive myself that stupidity, even if it was a common instinct, of wrong-pedalling.

No comments:

Post a Comment