Sunday 21 April 2019

77. The egg is in the cupboard

Two gloriously sunny days, with several hours spent reading in the sun and/or shade.



Been insect spotting too. I was fascinated by this furry triangle, neither wasp nor bee, which looked harmless till you spotted the most vicious proboscis. Anyway, despite my childhood of Observers’ Book of this, that and everything else, it was nothing I’d seen before. Google to the rescue:


It’s a bee-fly, described as the teddybear of the fly world but twice the size of a fly! I live and learn.

One of my cousin’s sons posted a load of family photos on FB and I had great fun identifying people I remembered from my early childhood. A lot went much further back and there was a photo I’ve never seen from Mum and Dad’s wedding.


Frustrating that it will only partially rotate so here’s a sideways view: Mum and Dad, with Auntie Sybil as one of the bridesmaids and Uncle Roy the cheeky little lad in the centre. On the left, Nanny Hellicar and my beloved Great Granny Moore. There are loads of pictures - it really made my day, after it took me more than 30 minutes to be able to move and sit comfortably once I woke up. Basically a shit day after a good one yesterday!

And yes, the Easter Egg is in the cupboard. Safe till my tastebuds recover.


No comments:

Post a Comment