Saturday 1 June 2019

95. Quick, before it changes

GP rang back and suggested a low dose of Gabapentin (never heard of it). It’s in the amitryptiline family but hopefully won’t adversely affect my heart like amitryptiline- but hence the low dose, to be increased by the week. After 3 tablets, plus sleeping with the bed wedge to stop me curling up, plus some binaural beats for inflammation (dubious but harmless) and I woke today feeling good. Yes, actually good. Now, have I actually said anything like that since I started the blog on Boxing Day??

It may be psychosomatic. Even so, I don’t care. The neuropathic pain isn’t there. The normal rib pain is and that’s ok. I feel more or less as I hoped I’d feel by this stage in the BC treatment (plus an injury I didn’t anticipate). All I need now is the sun to reach this far up North. I’ve got my SPF 50 ready as instructed by the hospital so I’m ready to relax on the sun lounger, soak up the soothing warmth and the vit D and feel better than good.


View from my bedroom window - best I can manage since we have those rather daft ‘leaded’ window panes. These are the despised conifers which provide a great windshield even if they prevent anything but moss growing on the lawn and there’s the grey sky, with not a break in sight. The stone area is Del’s preferred dumping spot for half-eaten rabbits which the crows finish off. Animals seem to have this unspoken understanding about zero-waste!

Another bit of delightful news for me: I bought a bar of that new Cadbury’s Darkmilk. I hate Bourneville and any plain chocolate (bad memories but it tastes revolting anyway). This lives up to the advertising: creamy, a real chocolate taste. It’s perfect for me right now. 

Anyway, the new microwave’s arrived so let’s capitalise on this reduced pain and investigate. Defrosting, reheating... that’s all I need. But this one has a grill. Maybe it will do a decent sausage.


No comments:

Post a Comment